What is the tethered balloon ride experience?
The tethered balloon ride experience is when the balloon is fixed to the ground with a rope and will only lift off the land. This gives the public a way to experience a balloon flight. The tethered balloon ride can be booked or queued on site.
【Tethered Balloon Ride】
|Tethered balloon ride Date
*Given that the opening ceremony will be held on Friday morning, June 30, there is only the afternoon session of tethered balloon ride on this day.
|Tethered balloon ride Time
|AM05:30-7:00 / PM17:00-18:30
Ride duration: about 5 minutes.
Morning session: Ticket sale starts at 5:00
Afternoon session: Ticket sale starts at 16:00
Online ticket booking
- Given that the opening ceremony will be held on Friday morning, June 30, there is only the afternoon session of tethered balloon ride on this day.
- Please join the line for ticket sale anytime. Ticket sale will begin at the scheduled hours.
Link: Ticket website
Tethered balloon ride booking hotline: 02-5573-6886 (Service hours 07:30-22:00)
- First tier: Booking for June 30-July 31 is open from 12:00 noon of Wednesday, May 24. (Given that the opening ceremony will be held on Friday morning, June 30, there is only the afternoon session of tethered balloon ride on this day.)
- Second tier: Booking for August 1-28 is open from 12:00 noon of Wednesday, May 31.
Tethered balloon ride customer service LINE account: please search @eztravel.com
Please refer to the ticket website for details about ticket purchase, checking in, and ticket refund.
Online ticket booking
- Weekdays include Monday to Thursday, while weekends include Friday to Sunday and national holidays.
- Not allowed on the hot air balloon if under 110cm.
- There is only one ticket type and a flat rate.
- Each person can buy up to two tickets for one session. One ticket is to be used by one person.
- The daily availability of on-site tickets is subject to weather conditions and will be announced on the day. Tickets will be sold until sold out.
- The tethered balloon ride duration and ascend/descend location depend on the direction and speed of wind. For safety concerns, the session might be postponed or cancelled due to unstable weather conditions. During the ride, the pilot has full authority to decide whether to conduct technical landing, to which passengers cannot object.
- Changes to the event will be announced on Facebook, official website, Instagram, and at the event venue. Follow the social media accounts and the website for the latest updates.
- No boarding under 110 cm ; preschool children have to board with parent.
- For your safety , if you are drunk , feeling ill , pregnant , or you have any diseases like hypertension , heart disease or asthma , Do Not board. Please don't bring any dangerous stuff and pets aboard.If you are easy to be nervous or afraid of height or you don't feel well , we don't suggest you board on hot air balloon.
- Please follow the directions. Please do not do any dangerous action during the tour, and don't touch any equipment in the gondola.
- When the hot air balloon is flying , for your safety , Do Not throw anything out or climb out of the gondola.
- Please wear long-sleeved shirt or clothes made from cotton, sneakers. Long skirt , high heels , sandals are not suggested. It's better for anyone with long hair to tie it up and to wear hats with brim.
- When taking the hot air balloon , except valuable belongings and cameras , please put your bags or backpacks in the lockers.
- When abnormal situation happens , please follow the staff's directions , get out of the gondola and go to safe areas.
- Hot air balloon has a high safety factor such that the World Air Sports Federation recognizes it as the safest aircraft. In common sense, the slow ascending and descending make it safe. However, as in all activities, following the rules is the best way to ensure your own safety.